These injections relax the muscles on your face and this stops the muscles from contracting and creating the fine lines and wrinkles that can permanently stay on your face.
Besides improving frown lines on your face, wrinkle relaxers have many other benefits and be used to treat the following conditions: crow’s feet (around the eyes), tension headaches, sweating in excess and sagging eyebrows (by lifting them).
We will always respect your choices first and foremost while performing any kind of treatment, so feel free to speak your mind and talk openly to us. We will also advise you on what is the most efficient skin and cosmetic treatment to target your specific needs.
Call now on 08 9276 3023 or click the BOOK NOW button to make an appointment.
Wrinkle Relaxers FAQs
Minor temporary side effects from injections are possible and can last several days, eg. swelling, bruising and redness. Use mild analgesics eg. Paracetamol or Ibuprofen if needed and light, intermittent ice application for swelling
Results may not be immediate and can be distorted by use of local anaesthetic or swelling. Results will improve in the days/weeks following treatment. Final assessment should be reserved for your scheduled review appointment when further procedures may be necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
For your safety and comfort, read the following information and adhere closely to the advice given. Please discuss anything you are concerned about or unsure of with your Dentist.
You should not:
- Rub, massage or manipulate the treated area for 24 hours – including having facials, applying/removing make-up or washing rigorously
- Undertake air travel within 24 hours or eat until numbness has worn off.
- Expose yourself to extremes of temperature, either cold or hot for 1 week e.g. saunas or excessive sun exposure
- Perform exercise or drink alcohol for 24 hours
- Smoke for at least 24 hrs
- Lay down (including for massages) or sleep for 5 hours
- Undertake any other facial procedures e.g. laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, etc., for two weeks following